Find the answer to your Linux question:
how do i run netscape on linux? i know i need wine but i think there is some files missing for netscap 8.0 can any budy tell me what i ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

hi how do i run netscape on linux

how do i run netscape on linux? i know i need wine but i think there is some files missing for netscap 8.0 can any budy tell me what i am missing?

any reason you just don't run firefox or mozilla? And do you need netscape 8.0, there is 7.2 for Linux
    Brilliant Mediocrity - Making Failure Look Good

Linux Enthusiast
    ya, forget netscape, firefox and mozilla are kind of offshoots of that, for the linux world, and are IMO much better than netscape. You can download both from http://www.mozilla.org/

Yep, Firefox uses the Gecko engine, and it's a cleaner version of Netscape in essence. You could install that more easily for faster more secure browsing.
    I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. - Pablo Picasso

Linux Guru
    I agree with the others. Netscape, Mozilla and Firefox are all based on the same engine. The only features that Netscape provides that the others don't are the integrated AOL features.

You don't need Wine to run Netscape, it runs nativley on Linux. You can d/l the Linux version here:

http://channels.netscape.com/ns/brow...ullinstall.jsp

Jeremy
    Registered Linux user #346571
    "All The Dude ever wanted was his rug back" - The Dude