Find the answer to your Linux question:
I just installed mandrake linux, well the thing is that i cant get to my other partition on my HDD. Just got one hdd with 2 partittions, how do i ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

help with HDDs

I just installed mandrake linux, well the thing is that i cant get to my other partition on my HDD. Just got one hdd with 2 partittions, how do i get to the other one?? some one that can help me to get msn messenger on mandrake too.

Do you mean you want access to your swap partition, or is there a Windows install? If there's a Windows and a Mandrake install, then you should have at least 3 partitions (Windows, swap, and / ).

As far as MSN messenger, give Kopete a try. It's included with Mandrake and supports the MSN protocol (along with Yahoo, AOL, and a bunch of others).
    There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

- Jeremy S. Anderson

Just Joined!

ok then

so i have a win partition yes, but now OS on it...
    then ill have to get a 3 partition and transfer to that and then transfer to my mandrake
    ??

Linux Guru

Re: ok then

Quote Originally Posted by bj0rn
    so i have a win partition yes, but now OS on it...
    then ill have to get a 3 partition and transfer to that and then transfer to my mandrake
    ??
    Still not clear. Does your Mandrake work? If yes, then like Flatline says, Kopete will work with MSN Messenger. If you want to access files on a different partition, you will need the "mount" command. What files do you want to "transfer"?
    /IMHO
    //got nothin'
    ///this use to look better