Find the answer to your Linux question:
When going through the installer I expected far more options than the meager ones I got, sadly. At a point it asked me how much of my 180-gig Windows partition ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Damn installer made partition too small!

When going through the installer I expected far more options than the meager ones I got, sadly. At a point it asked me how much of my 180-gig Windows partition I wanted to keep, and I took 40 away, seeing as I wanted to run a 10-gig game offa Linux. But alas, stupid installer did not use all of that space that I gave it, so it just used a default which was about 6 gigs, which is just not enough. Is it possible to expand my Linux partition without formatting? If it involves going into DOS, how can I get DOS up without a floppy drive? I don't wanna be stuck with 34 gigs of completely wasted space!!

Just Joined!
    Dang, and now I have a related problem. The Neverwinter Nights install (that was the game) took up so much space there is now not enough temp space to open the GUI. I could easily delete it if I knew the command line for delete. What is it? As always help is greatly appreciated.

You can resize most linux partitions (a little dicey, but I haven't had any problems personally). However, you can't resize a mounted partition, and your root partition is always mounted when you've booted your install. You could boot from your install cd, hit F1 (for more boot options) and resize the partition using qtparted, if it's included in the rescue boot. Failing that, you could always use something like the sysresccd live distro or knoppix and then run qtparted.
    There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

- Jeremy S. Anderson

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Guru
    For any install, I think the best plan is to set up the partitions you want to use beforehand, with fdisk. As for Mandrake's auto-partitioning, that's just one of many inspirations for my user name.
    /IMHO
    //got nothin'
    ///this use to look better

Just Joined!
    Thank you, looks like I got Linux in working order for now and I'm playing around with some programs and such. If I need to bug anyone with more noobish questions, I know where to turn.

Out of curiosity, did you use the resizing stuff or did you reinstall?
    There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

- Jeremy S. Anderson