Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello ! I am completely new to Linux and I have installed Linux Mandrake 10.1 . It cames on 3 CD's and installed perfectly. However I want to defined Sagem ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Help : Unable bringing up interface eth0:failed

Hello !

I am completely new to Linux and I have installed Linux Mandrake 10.1 . It cames on 3 CD's and installed perfectly. However I want to defined Sagem s@st 800 ADSL modem .
    But yesterday .. By starting the System.. It posts a blue screen. and give me a message "Unable bringing up interface eth0:failed"... And I cannot reach Linux...

What should I do ?

Thanks !

Just Joined!
    I am having a similar problem as well. When I installed from the CDs they work great and at the end of the installation where you can configure your hardware the ethernet cards were recognized and set to LAN. However, when I rebooted it say that the eth0 interface has failed to load. What to do??

Even if the ethernet connection failed, you should be able to reach linux. I've seen this happen before, though, and fixed it by adding noapic or acpi=off to the bootloader.

You could try booting with acpi=off or noapic appended to your boot value; haven't used Mandrake's installer in a while...is there a "failsafe" boot choice?
    There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

- Jeremy S. Anderson

Just Joined!
    I am able to reach the login screen and login fine, but I cannot connect to the network. How do you configure eth0 in Mandrake?

The easiest way would be to use the Mandrake Control Center. In MCC, go to Network -> Manage Connections
    There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

- Jeremy S. Anderson

I have that message at mandrake boot too, I must precise I clicked "force ACPI" in Lilo options (wasn't that related to power management, and not network ? I thought that was the thing that allowed the computer to really be turned off when you ask it to shutdown oO), but even if there's that eth0:failed, I don't really care, my KDE works fine, and so does my internet connexion...