Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am running mandrake Linux 10.1 Download edition and when I first installed Mandrake on my laptop and Konqueror would run but now when I click anything that uses Konqueror ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

problem with Konqueror

I am running mandrake Linux 10.1 Download edition and when I first installed Mandrake on my laptop and Konqueror would run but now when I click anything that uses Konqueror it just has a thing in the taskbar saying its trying to start but it never comes up, i got frustrated and started over and formatted my HD and reinstalled mandrake again and Konqueror worked for a while and now it won't load again. I don't know what to do now.

What errors come up wen you run
    Code:
    konqueror
    in the terminal?
    Registered Linux User #371543!
    Get force-get May The Source Be With You
    /dev/null
    /dev/null2

Just Joined!
    well I type it in and it just stops, no error messages, never gets back to where you enter the command. I'll provide screenshot here in a little bit.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Ok I found this in the forum
    http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/topic-38722.html
    and has anybody found a workaroud for this.

This was my problem, when I unhooked my USB Hard drive it started working again.. but now we need a workaround..

Yep, this is a known bug, but IMHO the problem isn't with Konqueror itself. Read this thread http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/top...&highlight=bug

You didn't need to reinstall though Let me know if this works as you may need a pointer from someone or other.
    I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. - Pablo Picasso