Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, I'm hoping someone can help me out with a problem I'm having. I don't know much about LInux (Windows user since I started using computers). Well, anyway, I recently ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux User

Mandrake 10.1 Shorewall Problem

Hello, I'm hoping someone can help me out with a problem I'm having. I don't know much about LInux (Windows user since I started using computers).

Well, anyway, I recently enabled the firewall on my Mandrake 10.1 machine and after I decided to reboot my machine, my internet connection doesn't work. I thought, since I installed the firewall, that would be part of the problem, so I uninstalled it. That worked for me, but I'm wondering how I can get it to where I still have the firewall on. Is there any special setting in Mandrake or the firewall config that I need to do to get it working the way I want it to?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

When you configured the firewall after installation, did you check any or all of the boxes? Uncheck those and you should be fine.

Linux User
    Thanks for the help. That worked perfectly because I actually did check off a couple of the options in that menu.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close