Find the answer to your Linux question:
I just installed mandrake 10.1 and during the installation It said that My sound card wasn't configured. I went to configure manually (or something like that) and it asked me ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

No sound in Mandrake 10.1

I just installed mandrake 10.1 and during the installation It said that My sound card wasn't configured. I went to configure manually (or something like that) and it asked me if it was an ISA sound card. I said no because it isn't, and it told me to try to configure it later. Well now it's later and I have no Idea on what to do. It's onboard sound. Any help would be appreciated greatly.

Could you post hardware details? Motherboard , chipset....just the type of soundcard if you like.

Linux Newbie
    Run alsa-conf in a terminal.
    Ma homeboy is Jesus himself.

Just Joined!
    I ran the command but it said the command wasn't found. My motherboard is an Asus P5GD1-VM with Intel 915g and ICH6 chipsets. Sound chipset is Realtek ALC861.

no sound

Hi

this is probly just a fluke but i had the same prob and i fixed it by installing some of the other graphical desktops donno why this worked but im listening to sublime right now ^_^

The linux pup

Just Joined!
    I installed all of them... It probably wasn't that you installed more desktops, but instead just that you re-installed Mandrake (which I have tried... 5 times).

No sound

Well..

well this might sound dumb but are you sure the sound issent muted (it's muted by defult)

the linux pup

Just Joined!
    lol yea it's not muted. I know it's a problem with the driver.

Just Joined!
    Well I got it to run alsaconf but it still doesn't detect my sound card. Should I try OSS instead of ALSA?