Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi all only been useing linux a short time ,but would like to load kde3.3 thats on my mandrake disc 4 ,any tips would be appreciated ....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

loading kde3.3

hi all only been useing linux a short time ,but would like to load kde3.3 thats on my mandrake disc 4 ,any tips would be appreciated .

Just Joined!
    I am not the pro that others here are, but here is something to try. Get into the configuration
    thus: Main menu (the gold star in the box or on the monitor icon), then System, then
    configuration, then packages (might say software), then install software. It is pretty self
    expanitory from there. I use KDE 3.3, and find it pretty good. Don't be afraid to load up
    Mozilla 1.7.2 or Firefox and give them a try, as they are good, also. Mozilla Thunderbird
    is pretty much getting to be very popular as the non-geek email client for cross platform
    use, so you might want to take a look at that also. I have all Mozilla stuff on both Windows
    and linux and they perform without a hitch. My Mandrake 10.1 is also trouble free so far
    sharing the duel boot wtih windows 2000 pro.

Just Joined!
    after u install the KDE disk4 ,when u turn the comp on log in as user or admin and inconsole type KDE, it workedfor me so ye good luck

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close