Find the answer to your Linux question:
OK. I've had quite a few problems since I first tried to install Linux Mandrake 10.0 powerpack on my Travelmate 8100. At first, the installation wasn't even able to see ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Mandrake 10, Busybox install command

OK. I've had quite a few problems since I first tried to install Linux Mandrake 10.0 powerpack on my Travelmate 8100.

At first, the installation wasn't even able to see my DVD drive, I was getting No CDROM found. Then I checked some posts and managed to take the kernel 2.4 (Doing F1-F2 then alt1). It would then see my CDROM and was able to start installation... I thought!

After it finishes preparing the files, I am taken to a black screen with the Welcome to linux mandrake on top. Pressing ALT+F2 bring me to the Shell I suppose (Busybox) and ALT+F3 and ALT+F4 are not understandable for me.

My question is simple: How do I install Mandrake 10.0 from busybox? Or can we even install it from there? Because pressing ALT+F1 should give me the GUI installation and it doesn't because, as I told you, I get only a black screen and this command prompt at the very left hand corner.

Cheers for helping, because I'm totally confused here!

Just Joined!
    If id be able to post pictures on this post, I would give you the pictures I've taken, maybe this would help finding the prob...