Find the answer to your Linux question:
i know its a noob question and i dont have any idea how to make shells... i mean so i can use my linux from school with "putty". I would ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Someone help me configure ssh working on my mandrake 10.1 :/

i know its a noob question and i dont have any idea how to make shells... i mean so i can use my linux from school with "putty". I would like to get some tutorial for ssh configuring or something and also i want to know how can i make good dns for my linux server(something.nice.org)

Thx in advice, im new to scene and learning fast

Re: Someone help me configure ssh working on my mandrake 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Tumeski
    i know its a noob question and i dont have any idea how to make shells... i mean so i can use my linux from school with "putty". I would like to get some tutorial for ssh configuring or something and also i want to know how can i make good dns for my linux server(something.nice.org)

Thx in advice, im new to scene and learning fast
    Not sure about the shell stuff but for a nice DNS name for your computer you can use freeDNS: http://freedns.afraid.org - they support dynamic DNS, dynamic subdomains, etc and it's all completely free.

I'm also interested in setting up SSH if someone else wants to reply to the other part of this post.

to allow yourself to ssh in all you need to do is run sshd on your server. It *may* already be running.

ssh -l user server-ip
    Brilliant Mediocrity - Making Failure Look Good

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close