Find the answer to your Linux question:
I recently tried to install a second graphics card (an S3 verge) and linux detected the graphics card an installed drivers as expected. However when i then booted mandrake and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Tiny Fonts In X

I recently tried to install a second graphics card (an S3 verge) and linux detected the graphics card an installed drivers as expected. However when i then booted mandrake and started xWindows (StartX from command line) all the fonts were unreadabley small. The second graphics card was just a spur of the moment experiment and I have since removed it.

By guessing my way around menu's i managed to find a font box for something, turned that particular font right up and it was just about big enough to be readable. Is their away i can get my fonts back to normal size from command line?

I have tried reinstalling mandrake but apparently it kept my existing X configuration file.

thanks, Ben.

Goto the commandline and run the commandline X-server configuration program, the commands are xf86cfg and xf86config, the latter just generates a new config file while the first runs a semi-text windowed configuration program to create a new one. Try both and see what you get.
    EDIT: Boot into text-only mode, or else these tools will complain that X is still running. So don't use virtual consoles.
    Nothing is worse than ten penguins fighting over which is better, vi or emacs.
    Registered Linux User #404402
    Finally I'm back on LF after a long while.

You will need to edit this file
    Code:
     /home/user/.kde/share/config/kdeglobals
    Just open it like this
    Code:
    vi filename
    Type " i " to bring you to INSERT mode, make your changes, hit ESC to bring you to COMMAND mode. Type "ZZ" to save yoiur work.

Hope this helps.
    How to know if you are a geek.
    when you respond to "get a life!" with "what's the URL?"
    - Birger

New users read The FAQ

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close