Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have successfully installed 10.1 with a standard security, eth0 with static ip 10.0.0.1 connected to my DSL modem using PPOe DHCP, eth1 with static ip of 192.168.1.1, Configured Internet ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

question on dial-in users not able to browse the Internet.

I have successfully installed 10.1 with a standard security, eth0 with static ip 10.0.0.1 connected to my DSL modem using PPOe DHCP, eth1 with static ip of 192.168.1.1, Configured Internet sharing without a hitch in GUI. I want also to let a friend to dial-in so that he too can have at least browse the web. I have installed and configured mgetty and ppp and my friend wa able to dial-in but my problem is that it canot browse the web. I look at the /var/log/messages file and notice that the firewall is denying all traffic coming from my ppp dialin port. I am not so familiar with tansparent proxy through firewall... help please. I have spent 4 days looking at the forums for answer that is why i posted this already. By the way i have given the ppp client the same ip segment 192.168.1.253 with my eth1 and still the same. Thanks in advance.

Just Joined!

Thanks

I think i have to live the way Linux users behave i was so disappointed that nobody replied to my question..... i've been seeing a lot of replies saying look at the how tos and other post and replies. I think i have to extend my patience in searching for answers. Thanks to aioshin and ather05. My dial-in server now works fine!!!!!

Linux Guru
    Sorry you didn't get a reply to your question. I think it might have been too tough for most people that look at the Mandriva forum and maybe you would have gotten a better response in the Networking forum. If I understand, you have high-speed internet access and you have set-up your system so that your friend can dial your telephone and then connect to internet through your gateway? Very cool.
    /IMHO
    //got nothin'
    ///this use to look better

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Thanks for the info.... a lot of people in europe, us, australia might wonder why not just get a dsl or a cable modem and fireup your internet access.... the truth is in this part of the world, South East Asia, facilities for data access is a not always available and when it does it is not cheap!!! Thanks for at least noticing my post and my own reply! I will try the Networking forum if i have some question again regarding networking issues.

Cheers!!!!