Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
That's the way to show em! If they know we want it, and the work is done for them they might start labelling their products - which in turn leads ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

That's the way to show em! If they know we want it, and the work is done for them they might start labelling their products - which in turn leads to linux awareness. Yay for everyone!

I think a lot of this stuff is just a lack of experience with linux too, they probably don't object to having linux support.

I just got an answer from iriver's customer support:

The opinion will be delivered to our R&D team and it will be implemented if there's enough resource to do and it's mostly wanted by customers.

Please undertsand that there's a certain limit that we can add or modify with firmware upgrade.

Again, we really appreciate your suggestions.
    I don't know if they will actually do something about it. But At least they listened which is a 1st step. I think we should all complain when the linux community is being ignored by hard/software vendors.
    I might like to learn new things I'm sometimes a bit fed up of having to spend time googleling or tweaking my system just because I chose not to use MS product... Specially after spending $350 on a music player... Hopefully things will change for good

I have a Zen Touch that works in SuSE 9.3 using KZenExplorer. Here's the rpm for Mandrake/Mandriva.

http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat....i586.rpm.html

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    try getting an ipod and sync with gtkpod

Creative players are cheaper initially but they aren't in the long run. I know lots of people from my school that bought the Creative Zen Jukebox or Ultra Zen or whatever and their hard drives always fail. I bought an iPod and I really like it, the battery life could be a bit more but no matter - it's still an excellent machine that won't break on you.

IMO, you should get an iPod and SuSE that way you can manage it perfectly with kio_ipod it works for me when I'm in SuSE and I need to quickly add a song or two to it. Otherwise I just boot into Win to manage my iPod under iTunes.
    Registered Linux user #393103

Quote Originally Posted by rootFORlife
    Have you guys had trouble with this? I've only done it twice on a 20GB brand new iPod and had no trouble. It can be a little slow compared to iTunes but worked fine.

Quote Originally Posted by bigtomrodney
    Quote Originally Posted by rootFORlife
    Have you guys had trouble with this? I've only done it twice on a 20GB brand new iPod and had no trouble. It can be a little slow compared to iTunes but worked fine.
    I have had lots of trouble with both gtkpod and gnupod. kio_ipod works great for me though. Gtkpod gives me an error when I launch it, I can't recall what the error is exactly but I'll post it soon.
    Registered Linux user #393103

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2