Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all, i am a newbie but really want to learn. I have installed mandrake 9.1 on my toshiba a40 laptop along side winxp home. i cannot get my modem ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Toshiba a40 modem driver for mandrake 9.1

Hi all, i am a newbie but really want to learn. I have installed mandrake 9.1 on my toshiba a40 laptop along side winxp home. i cannot get my modem to connect. i have installed kpp and tried to set it up with the dial up number etc it says that it cannot find modem in dev/modem. can anyone help me with this.

i am not sure what kernel it is if you need to know this can you help me find it. my modem is a toshiba software modem amr. if that helps

thanks for your time i look forward to learning from you all
    Ryan

Just Joined!
    you'll need to find out the specific type (chipset) of your modem and look for it on the mandrake hardware compatability page. I would also suggest getting a more recent version of mandrake/mandriva as it may be more readily supported by a newer version.
    if your modem type is not in the list, it doesnot nessecarily mean its not supported.
    linux requires alot of patience and time at first, but keeping at it will pay off bigtime in the future.
    good luck