Find the answer to your Linux question:
could they make it any easier?? probably not. i don't know why i'm having trouble. i downloaded the 3 discs, burned em, tried to boot from my cdrom....nada. so i ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

installing mandrake 10.1

could they make it any easier?? probably not. i don't know why i'm having trouble. i downloaded the 3 discs, burned em, tried to boot from my cdrom....nada. so i made a floppy, booted from that, tried to install it and it said the setup failed or something and told me to insert another disc. so then i tried all of the different setup types (text, linux.....) and none of them worked. any advice?

1st check the md5sum of the iso you downloaded
    2nd check that the iso has been extracted
    3rd check that your cdrom is set to 1st boot device in your bios. If you are using a floppy, then make floppy 1st boot and cd 2nd boot device.
    4th if nothing else works, download from a different site.

also, can you post the exact error message you get here?

Just Joined!
    I had similiar problems with 10.1, reburned the iso's twice with nero, no go each time.. burned again with alcohol 120% and then had no trouble.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux User
    If you are having trouble with the ISOs you burned, take a look here (assuming you're on Windows): http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/topic-20850.html