Find the answer to your Linux question:
There is an update for my system (Mandriva x86-64 10.1 to 10.2), but I was wondering what is the best way to update. Should I download the iso's and burn ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Update

There is an update for my system (Mandriva x86-64 10.1 to 10.2), but I was wondering what is the best way to update. Should I download the iso's and burn to a cd? Is there anyway to update without having to re-install my system? What is the bets way to do this? (I am not a mandriva club member, if that matters.)

you can download the Mandriva 2005 isos and burn them. When you get to the installation screen, select the option which sounds similar to "upgrade an existing Mandrake installation" This option was availaible from Mandrake 8 - 10.1 and it should be available for 10.2 (LE2005).

All this does is to keep your existing partitioning and home directory and assorted files, and it will upgrade the programs and kernel to the newest version. If you wish to do so, you can select more packages to install.

hope this helps.

Just Joined!
    YEa, I was trying to aviod that. Maybe ill invest in some CD-RW's so I dont have to keep wasting CD-R. (I am without a dvd burner.)

Thanks.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close