Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm trying to follow the setup instructions on the Gnomad2 site ( here ) to the letter, but when i get to the point where i have to enter Code: ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Avi
    Just Joined!

Making Gnomad2 work in Mandriva LE 2005

I'm trying to follow the setup instructions on the Gnomad2 site (here) to the letter, but when i get to the point where i have to enter

Code:
    ./configure && make && make install && ldconfig
    I get an error telling me that the file doesn't exist. The closest i can find is configure.ac, but i don't have permissions to run this apparently.
    I've tried installing libnjb through the CVS method on there, and though downloading the tarball for it, both end up with the same error.

I would try the method described:
    If you get a compilation error, you might have forgotten to install the developement libraries from libusb, install them, delete that directory then grab the sources from CVS once more (this is my recommended method). Once compiled, it will install the brand new libraries in /usr/local/lib/libnjb.*.
    But i'm too new to this to really know what he means. Any ideas for what a non-linux-savvy user can do to/with this? Or possibly a better-translated method?

Cheers!

Avi
    Just Joined!
    Bumpitty bump...

It says configure doesn't exist? Have you
    • untarred the file you downloaded
    • changed to that directory in a tarball
    • then run the ./configure command?

Just running through that first before looking ata anything else.

Linux Guru
    Go to MCC, software, install. Search for devel and install anything that says USB and devel. There should only be one package, maybe two. After that, delete the old libnjb files, re-cvs them and re-install. If everything goes okay, you should be able to run the handshake program in the samples dir.

You have to install libnjb and make sure it's working before you can install Gnomad2. Once you get libnjb working, we can work on Gnomad2.

Jeremy
    Registered Linux user #346571
    "All The Dude ever wanted was his rug back" - The Dude

Avi
    Just Joined!
    I've got libnjb installed now. Re-DL'd it and untarred it and it all worked....
    i'd already installed libusb (it's got an entry in /lib/ which i'm taking to mean installation was good).

So i tried to install Gnomad, but i get an error message telling me the package requirements are not met. It wants glib-2.0, gthread-2.0, gtk+-2.0, libgnomeui-2.0, libnjb.

The only one it actually said it had a problem with was glib2.0 (it's the first it checks for). I've downloaded the tarball for 2.6.0 from here but when i try to install it using ./configure i get the error message:

*** You must have either have gettext support in your C library, or use the
    *** GNU gettext library. (http://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/gettext.html
    Have i missed something? I've not seen anything to say that i'd need to install much more than libusb and libnjb - this list of libraries that i need to install makes me feel like i've not installed a fairly important package.....

Linux Guru
    Again, all of those packages should be installed through Mandrake Control Center.

Jeremy

Avi
    Just Joined!
    I can't find anything with even a remotely similar name in the control center...

Linux Guru
    Do a search for libgnomeui, or just gnomeui. I believe the rest should be installed automatically, as this lib is dependant on them. Install the devel versions of all of these files, too.

Then run the command

Code:
    updatedb