I am trying to install a program called gEDA from an iso made CD.

http://geda.seul.org/

When trying to run the installer as root (./installer)
i get the following error message:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[root@localhost cdrom]# ./installer.exe
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "installer.py", line 147, in ?
import gtk.glade
File " /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/gtk-2.0/gtk/glade.so", line 4, in ?
ImportError: libglade-2.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I did a locate python and found the following directory with python2.4 files in it:

/usr/lib64/

Does this mean my version of python2.4 64-bit is incompatible with the gEDA package that I am trying to install? and if so can I install python2.2 32-bit in addition to the python 2.4 that I have? How would I go about doing this? I found about 10 different versions of python2.2 for dl all with very confusing instructions. Any ideas?

UPDATE: I have now been able to change the error to a different error after installing some kind of development package.

now when I type

./installer.exe

I get this error message:

Fatal Python error: Cannot open archive
Aborted

Ahh what luck I have with linux, i'm on my 3rd distro and still can't install 3rd party software.