Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Originally Posted by bigtomrodney Check out this site it's great - [url=http://easyurpmi.zarb.org] Select a lot of mirrors near to you geographically (if you're in England the Dublin heanet servers are ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

link

Quote Originally Posted by bigtomrodney
    Check out this site it's great -
    [url=http://easyurpmi.zarb.org]

Select a lot of mirrors near to you geographically (if you're in England the Dublin heanet servers are ridiculously fast 1Gb connection). copy all of the output you get from the page, open a text file and type -
    Code:
    #!/bin/bash

(paste contents from site here)
    and save the contents to your home directory as repos (for example)
    then from a konsole (command line) type su and enter your root password. Type
    Code:
    sh repos
    while connected to the net, and it will update all of you urpmi repositories. You can now install the latest packages directly from the net on demand, and run updates.

for ease - here is the script I ran (I'm located in Dublin)
    Code:
    #!/bin/bash
    urpmi.addmedia plf-free ftp://ftp.free.fr/pub/Distributions_Linux/plf/mandrake/free/10.2 with hdlist.cz
    urpmi.addmedia plf-nonfree ftp://ftp.free.fr/pub/Distributions_Linux/plf/mandrake/non-free/10.2 with hdlist.cz
    urpmi.addmedia --update updates ftp://ftp.heanet.ie/mirrors/ftp.mandrake.com/Mandrakelinux/official/updates/LE2005/main_updates/ with media_info/hdlist.cz
    urpmi.addmedia main ftp://ftp.heanet.ie/pub/mandrake/Mandrakelinux/official/2005/i586/media/main with media_info/hdlist.cz
    urpmi.addmedia contrib ftp://ftp.heanet.ie/pub/mandrake/Mandrakelinux/official/2005/i586/media/contrib with media_info/hdlist.cz
    urpmi.addmedia jpackage ftp://ftp.heanet.ie/pub/mandrake/Mandrakelinux/official/2005/i586/media/jpackage with media_info/hdlist.cz
    fraid your link dont work bigtomrodney m8

No Way! Seriously?

http://easyurpmi.zarb.org/ ?

It's only a google away... easy urpmi

link

Quote Originally Posted by bigtomrodney
    No Way! Seriously?

http://easyurpmi.zarb.org/ ?

It's only a google away... easy urpmi
    now that one works
    thanks

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!

opening email attachments

Sirs, I am running Mandriva 10.2, using Kontact as my email. I have no problem opening email attachments that are pics using Kuickshow. However, text attachments I am unable to figure out how to open. Any suggestions? I have tried everything (I guess) but with no luck.
    KDE 3.3.2
    Kernel 2.6.11-6mdk

Kind Regards,

Needtolearn

Just Joined!

Re: email

Quote Originally Posted by tradesman
    Hi managed to get internet connection using konqueror but cannot get connection with firefox for some reason also can't figure out how to configure emal is there a tutorial someone can point me to thanks
    Greetings, sir!

Here is what worked for me using Mandriva 10.2 and KONTACT as my email server:
    1.) GO TO KONTACT, CLICK ON SETTINGS
    2.) CLICK ON MAIL, THEN IDENTITIES (enter your email address)
    3.) CLICK ON NETWORK, YOU HAVE 2 TABS,
    A.) SENDING: (TRANSPORT SMTP)
    1.) NAME: ENTER YOUR NAME
    2.) HOST: ENTER "smtp.aol.com". PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT I AM ONLY USING AOL AS A FIGURE, DO NOT ENTER AOL.COM IF YOU ARE NOT USING AOL. PERSONALLY, I DO NOT USE AOL. FOR INSTANCE, YOU COULD ENTER "smtp.earthlink.net" or WHATEVER YOUR ISP IS.
    3.) LOGIN: ENTER YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS
    4.) PASSWORD: ENTER YOUR PASSWORD WHICH YOU HAVE REGISTERED WITH YOUR ISP.

B.) RECEIVING TAB
    1.) NAME: ENTER YOUR NAME
    2.) LOGIN: ENTER YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS
    3.) PASSWORD: ENTER YOUR ISP PASSWORD
    4.) HOST: pop.aol.com AGAIN, I AM JUST USING AOL AS AN EXAMPLE.
    LEAVE EVERYTHING ELSE BLANK, THEN CLICK OK.

If you have a problem, contact your ISP, unfortunately most of them have no idea how to set up your KPPP connection.

SORRY, PLEASE BEFORE YOU DO ANY OF THIS USE RPM TO INSTALL YOUR KPPP!!!!!!!!! I USE KDE CUZ I AM MORE COMFORTABLE WITH THE DESKTOP. GOOD LUCK AND LET ME KNOW. I HAD TO LEARN ALL OF THIS THE HARD WAY, BASICALLY ON MY OWN. I WANT TO BE OF ANY HELP TO ANYONE. I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY RESPONSE AS TO I HAVE BEEN OF ANY HELP.

Kindest Regards,

Bob

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3