Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, I am a total noob to Linux, but thought I would try out Mandriva from reading thru the reviews. I downloaded and burnt the iso's to individual cd's then ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

2005 LE Installation problems

Hello,
    I am a total noob to Linux, but thought I would try out Mandriva from reading thru the reviews. I downloaded and burnt the iso's to individual cd's then booted to the 1st cd. After that I encounter several problems that I need assistance with. First, my USB M$ Intellimouse Explorer is never detected and I have to just bypass that screen to move on. I tried all the possible selections and none have worked. That can be fixed later, but my biggest problem is the install never gets past a screen that says:

"Installing driver for hard drive controller nVidia Corporation | CK8S Serial ATA Controller v2.5"

I checked and the hardware is certified:

http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/har...cher&id=975890

so I don't know where to go from here. I tried to redownload the first CD from a different mirror and it did the same thing. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
    Atom

Linux Engineer
    Are you verifying that the checksums are valid before burning the ISO images?
    Registered Linux user #384279
    Vector Linux SOHO 7

Just Joined!
    Thanks for the quick reply,
    Checksums for all the downloads matched what was listed on the original download page.