Find the answer to your Linux question:
I've been reading a Linux book, "Linux Desktop Garage," and the author says APT is awesome but there wasn't a stable version for Mandrake yet. Is there one now? 'Bella...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

APT for Mandrake?

I've been reading a Linux book, "Linux Desktop Garage," and the author says APT is awesome but there wasn't a stable version for Mandrake yet. Is there one now?

'Bella

Not as far as I know - There is a version for Suse. Mandriva has uprmi instead. For example 'uprmi xine' should download the xine media player and all its dependencies for you.
    I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. - Pablo Picasso

Just Joined!
    Thank you!

Just Joined!
    besides urpmi, you can also use yum for mandrake, but really, urpmi just works great

Quote Originally Posted by aioshin
    besides urpmi, you can also use yum for mandrake, but really, urpmi just works great
    Yes, apologies to the original poster: I got the letters the wrong way around.
    I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. - Pablo Picasso

Just Joined!
    It's ok, fingal. I knew what you meant and didn't even notice the letters in the wrong place. My brain moved them back for me. LOL!