Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
I noticed last night that the entry for this card in the hardware/hardware section of drakconf has MUCH less info than other devices... for instance in the "detected hardware" tree ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

I noticed last night that the entry for this card in the hardware/hardware section of drakconf
    has MUCH less info than other devices... for instance in the "detected hardware" tree on the
    left my ethernet card has a full title whereas the wireless card only says "eth1".
    also... in the "information" box on the right the ethernet card includes such info as
    vendor,description,mediaclass,bus,bus pci #, pci device #, pci function #, device ID, etc.
    however the wireless card again only has vendor, description(which is blank), old device
    file, and module info.
    does this lack of detailed information point to, or narrow down this problem?
    I used the old desperate newbie standby last night and reformatted and reinstalled,
    with no change in the behavior of this card at all.
    can you help?

THANKS flatline for all your input! although this still is not working, I know alot more about
    it and network config. in general because of your help!

C.Poff

Just Joined!

update and resolution

as it turns out, it works great! the problem was the one ap I was trying to use.
    it just would not connect to the ap at work, but when i took it to my girlfriend's house,
    perfect... without doing anything but booting up. the interesting thing is is that i have no idea where this service is coming from! but it's fast! and free!!!
    excellent!
    thanks for the guidance!!
    C.Poff

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2