Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have problem with my mouse. I have installed the new linux mandrive le 2005 but from the beginning of installation the mouse didn't work.I have used all the driver ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Problem with mouse logitech

I have problem with my mouse. I have installed the new linux mandrive le 2005 but from the beginning of installation the mouse didn't work.I have used all the driver in the distribution but it doesn't work. Is the first time that I have problem with my mouse. It is a logitech with 3 button and wheel

Have you had a look at the pointer device section of Mandrakelinux control center? (menu > system > configuration > configure your computer | then hardware > set up the poionter device). One thing i have to do every time I reinstall (8 or 9th time in my 1st month) is change the port from "ttyS0 / COM1" to "ttyS1 / COM2" (although these are serial ports, so if you're not using a serial mouse you wont have the same options (at least, I don't think so ;- )
    I'd recommend just playing around with these settings until one works. If none do, sorry for wasting your time...

Hope this helps
    Giles
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are powerless. Our greatest fear is Microsoft"
    Registered linux user #391027

Just Joined!
    sorry but I didn't say that my mouse is a usb one. It doesn't work with any driver. I think that is a usb problem but with mandrake 9.1 it worked well.
    infact when I run usbview I can't see the usb device (also modem). there are only hub recognized

Quote Originally Posted by bondolo
    sorry but I didn't say that my mouse is a usb one.
    I'm afraid I probably can't help then... I've only been using linux for a month or so, and I've never used any USB hardware. Soz

Hope someone else can come up with a solution.
    Toodle-oo
    Giles
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are powerless. Our greatest fear is Microsoft"
    Registered linux user #391027

Just Joined!
    Try changing the mouse selection in xorg.conf to /dev/psaux

let me know what happens.