Find the answer to your Linux question:
Any of you dudes using Thacs repository? Man there's some good stuff in there. I even got an upgrade to KDE3.4.1 which is pretty impressive. Though I did have to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Guru

Thac's urpmi repository

Any of you dudes using Thacs repository? Man there's some good stuff in there. I even got an upgrade to KDE3.4.1 which is pretty impressive. Though I did have to fiddle around with KDM after breaking it. There are some excellent bits of kit that are hard enough to get - seems to focus on things that the official mirrors won't support. Even got a whole bunch of PLF stuff. Makes urpmi that much more attractive.

Just Joined!

thacs

I use this alot for all of the audio/music applications it has... tons of good stuff!
    there always seems to be some dependencies that are broken links somewhere though
    but 30 out of an attempted 31 RPMs is success in my book.
    the biggest thing keeping me from trying out a lot of other distros is the comparative bounty
    of RPMs available for mandrake. does suse or another distro have a equally impressive
    pool of easily installed software especially in the audio dpartment?
    thanks thac!
    C.Poff

Linux Guru
    I'm dying to know about some SuSE sources - cos I'm just about to move over. It's the one thing I'll really miss. Because I only have broadband a few weeks I was never able to take advantage of urpmi. Off to novell.com to suse it out. (euugh, can't believe I made that pun).