Find the answer to your Linux question:
checking for KDE... configure: error: in the prefix, you've chosen, are no KDE headers installed. This will fail. So, check this please and use another prefix! I get this error ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

cant ./configure anything

checking for KDE... configure: error:
    in the prefix, you've chosen, are no KDE headers installed. This will fail.
    So, check this please and use another prefix!

I get this error anytime i try to ./configure. I have installed a fresh dvd of mandriva LE 2005.
    any help would be much appreciated.

It looks like you need the devel files for KDE for whatever you're trying to ./configure. Open up the Mandrake Control Center's software installation module and do a search for your kde devel files.
    There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

- Jeremy S. Anderson

Just Joined!
    hmmm, dont understand why im having this many problems. Mandriva worked fine on my p3 but doesn't like amd at all. I cant update the devel files because i cant connect under root :/

Are you SSHing into the machine? If so, you can just use su to become root afterward. If you don't have the admin password, you'll have to ask the sysadmin for access, but you probably wouldn't get him/her to install development headers.
    There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

- Jeremy S. Anderson

Just Joined!
    No, this is my PC. Control center said i could only get those files if i were root. So i signed in as root and no internet connection. Then i tried configuring it but got no where. Heh, doesn't really make sense why i have an internet connection under usr but not under root. I set it up on install for all users to access.

Did you actually log in as root? You shouldn't have to. The control center should just ask for your root password when it starts up and then use your existing internet connection. The devel files should be on your CDs anyway, so it needn't use any internet connection; it should just ask for the proper CD.

- Jeremy S. Anderson

Just Joined!
    Flatline, thanks much for the help. Wasn't sure which devel packages i needed to install so i installed them all heh. It worked and i was able to ./configure. Thanks again

Just Joined!

./configure and KDE headers

I am a n00b using Mandrake Official 10.1 on a HP ZD7010us. I am trying to install Superkaramba 0.37rc1. When I try "./configure" I get;

"checking for KDE... configure: error:
    in the prefix, you've chosen, are no KDE headers installed. This will fail.
    So, check this please and use another prefix!"

So after some reading up I find I need to install libkdecore4-devel-3.2.3-106.2.101mdk and libkdebase4-kate-devel-3.2.3-134.8.101mdk to install my kde headers. No problem, right? WRONG!

When I try and install libkdecore4-devel-3.2.3-106.2.101mdk (with urpmi and/or Mandrake packager) I get the same error: "Some package requested cannot be installed:
    libkdecore4-devel-3.2.3-106.2.101mdk.i586 (due to unsatisfied devel(libmcop))
    Continue? (Y/n) "

libkdebase4-kate-devel-3.2.3-134.8.101mdk requires libkdecore4-devel-3.2.3-106.2.101mdk

I have no idea what this error means and how to fix it. Any ideas anyone???

Just Joined!

previous post

Also I am using KDE 3.2.3

Just Joined!
    oshunluvr follow the instructions in my sig and then you can install superkaramba from the Control Centre GUI without any messy compilation required