Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I have a USR5610B performance pro modem installed on my computer (Asus P4S800-MX, celeron 2.4Gz, installed on PCI slot (shared IRQ)). I installed Mandriva LE2005 (commercial bundle) and the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

USR5610B Modem under Mandriva LE2005

Hi, I have a USR5610B performance pro modem installed on my computer (Asus P4S800-MX, celeron 2.4Gz, installed on PCI slot (shared IRQ)). I installed Mandriva LE2005 (commercial bundle) and the USR linux driver. With the network and dial-up wizard It doesnt detect my modem so I have to set it up manualy. It seems that the setup is tricky specialy for a newbie like me. Do you have an installation sequence for this modem ?

Just Joined!
    http://linmodems.org/ would be a good place to start here. I don't know the sequence of how to install a modem like this, but what I can share is that I found it was much easier in my case to go with an external serial modem which works without drivers in Linux. For me, this saved a lot of headaches. The modem I used on linux when I had dial up was a Modem Blaster V92 DE5621 Serial, and I didn't have any problems with it.