Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi there! I am struggling to install the latest edition of bit torrent on Mandriva 2005. Any ideas? Here is a copy of what terminal shows me when i try ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Bittorrent

Hi there!

I am struggling to install the latest edition of bit torrent on Mandriva 2005. Any ideas? Here is a copy of what terminal shows me when i try to install it!!!

[root@localhost michael]# cd /home/michael/BitTorrent/
    [root@localhost BitTorrent]# python setup.py install
    making fr
    msgmerge: error while opening "po/fr.po" for reading: No such file or directory
    making he_IL
    msgmerge: error while opening "po/he_IL.po" for reading: No such file or directory
    making it
    msgmerge: error while opening "po/it.po" for reading: No such file or directory
    making no
    msgmerge: error while opening "po/no.po" for reading: No such file or directory
    making pt_BR
    msgmerge: error while opening "po/pt_BR.po" for reading: No such file or directory
    running install
    error: invalid Python installation: unable to open /usr/lib/python2.4/config/Makefile (No such file or directory)
    I can't find the read mes distributed with the download!

Thanks,

Michael.

Why don't you install bittroent via mandriva's package manager?
    Code:
    urpmi binttorent
    for more info on urpm check about holf way down this thread http://www.linuxforums.org/tutorials...ial-19957.html
    Registered Linux User #371543!
    Get force-get May The Source Be With You
    /dev/null
    /dev/null2

Download the latest (I assume you want latest) rpm off of bittorrent.com and run (as root) urpmi bittorrent*.rpm to install it and handle all dependencies.