Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am trying to install Mandriva.. The thing is that i have my dvdreader on raid and it doesnt recognize my dvd after it boots on it when i have ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Linux installation problem

I am trying to install Mandriva..
    The thing is that i have my dvdreader on raid and it doesnt recognize my dvd after it boots on it
    when i have to press enter to install it says there isnt no cdrom drive even if he booted on it..
    So it works with the dvd till i hit enter to install.. when it says it doenst see any cdrom drive, it lets me choose between install from ftp http and hard disk with an iso image..
    So i putted the iso image of the dvd in a folder and told it to the installation, but it says it doesnt recognize the iso as the good one. So i extracted the iso in a folder.. Telling the installation.. it says it doesnt find the folder /install/stage2 .. but it is.. and i told him the exact path..
    What can i do now..............................?

Whoa! that was one confusing description dude. I don't have a clue what's happening...
    PTL x10 Hallelujah!
    AMD Athlon XP 2600+ 512MB RAM Dual 80G WD HD 8MB Cache (1 WinXP Home, 1 CentOS 4.2) GeForce Ti4200 128MB SB Live! 5.1
    Registered Linux user #391521

Just Joined!
    well in simplified. i need to know how to make the installation work from a hard drive (with iso or else)

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    unknown
    I believe you have to boot with the drivers for your raid drive if the dvd drive is on raid then put the dvd in.

It is possible it is the dvd and not the raid.
    I had the same problem with a FC3 dvd. I could boot with it, check the md5. But when it came time to start the installation, it said that there was no cdrom in the cd drive. It would not even look at the dvd drive.

My solution was to go get the 4 cd iso's.
    How to know if you are a geek.
    when you respond to "get a life!" with "what's the URL?"
    - Birger

New users read The FAQ