Find the answer to your Linux question:
Ok ive installed wine on my computer, and it worked etc. The only problem is, that i cant seem to find the config file. Ive checked this location: file:/home/myname/.wine and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Wine Config

Ok ive installed wine on my computer, and it worked etc. The only problem is, that i cant seem to find the config file. Ive checked this location:

file:/home/myname/.wine

and there is no config file there, and ive searched /usr/share and /usr/bin (not sure if i should have searched there, but im a noob so i tried it anyways) and still i found nothing. I searched google (because im not that stupid ) and i found this link:

http://www.winehq.com/site/docs/wine-user/config-file

I tried to find my wine source code directory and couldnt locate that (guess i am that stupid) and so im sort of in a dilemna.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Linux Engineer
    there is a program that you can put in your wine directory called winesetuptk (something like that) that sets up wine for you, which will then place a new config file in your .wine directory.
    Operating System: GNU Emacs

Just Joined!
    nice, thank you buddy, it worked.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Engineer
    glad it helped...happy gaming
    Operating System: GNU Emacs

Just Joined!
    lol im trying to get steam installed, but im not sure which of these files i have and dont have:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Needed apps, packages, libraries:
    wget, fontconfig, freetype2, freetype2-devel, bison, flex, libjpeg, libjpeg-devel, libpng, libpng-devel, zlib, zlib-devel, xorg-x11-devel (resp. XFree86-devel)

Mesa (resp. xorg-x11-Mesa, XFree86-Mesa), Mesa-devel (resp. xorg-x11-Mesa-devel, XFree86-Mesa-devel), freeglut, freeglut-devel

http://www.linux-gamers.net/modules/...p?articleid=17
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any help again would be greatly appreciated.