Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, Went to review packages to install from RpmDrake and found RpmDrake is empty. Is there away to fix this without reinstalling Linux? I'm using a Linux operating system and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Rpmdrake is empty

Hi,

Went to review packages to install from RpmDrake and found RpmDrake is empty. Is there away to fix this without reinstalling Linux? I'm using a Linux operating system and Mandrake 10.1.

Thanks in advance,

Just Joined!

rpmdrake

Am not sure of 10.1 but it must be the same as in LE 2005. Have you selected the correct source from "Configure your computer" ?thats the fourth option. check the installation cds and also the update_source ( must be something similar in 10.1 )

In Mandrake Control Center (Configure My Computer in the System section of the start menu) there is a module in Software Management that lets you configure your sources. They may all be unchecked for some reason. If there are no sources in there, don't panic...just go to http://easyurpmi.zarb.org/ and add the main repository to have access to the distribution's packages (I also recommend adding the contrib and plf sources).
    There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

- Jeremy S. Anderson

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatline
    In Mandrake Control Center (Configure My Computer in the System section of the start menu) there is a module in Software Management that lets you configure your sources. They may all be unchecked for some reason. If there are no sources in there, don't panic...just go to http://easyurpmi.zarb.org/ and add the main repository to have access to the distribution's packages (I also recommend adding the contrib and plf sources).
    Flatline Thank you!

Everything has been restored plus there are several new packages that I didn't have before! Thanks again!!