Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi I recently downloaded the new version of firefox (currently 1.0.4) And mandrake (10.0) and my problem is this: I have successfully installed firefox according to the install.log file in ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Firefox installation (won't show up)

Hi I recently downloaded the new version of firefox (currently 1.0.4) And mandrake (10.0) and my problem is this: I have successfully installed firefox according to the install.log file in my folder, it started up by default and after inspecting many things to see the differences if any from the windows version, I closed it, tonite I logged on and decided to start it up again, but when i went to open it from the internet -> Web Browsers -> Firefox menu, I found that firefox was missing, surprised I checked for the folder that contained the startup file, and it was not located anywhere I could find, I finally found the bash file that would start up firefox, it was located in the folder that was created when i removed the .gz and .tar extensions. But this was located in my home/ folder and i thought that was a little weird as well.

Does anyone know what I've done wrong to make firefox not show up under my web browsers menu? any help would be much appreciated.

Linux User
    Not sure how much different Mandrake 10.0 is from 10.1, and assuming you're running KDE, you could try editing the K menu to add Firefox under Web Browsers. First you'll need to know the path of the Firefox directory, which I think you already know (if I remember right the Firefox "executable" is the one the Firefox directory that just says Firefox and no extension). Then just right-click on the panel (taskbar) and click Edit K menu (I think that's what it's called). Try there and see what you can try out.

Hope this helps.

For me, during the installation, I had to chose myself to put it into /usr/bin/mozilla firefox.
    By default, it would have installed itself in the folder where you extract the tar.bz files.

I highly recommend putting it into that folder, for that is the place where firefox is expected to be, most of the time ^^

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close