Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have just installed Mandrivia LE 2005. its my first Linux OS and im still getting the feel for it, my problem is it runs slow the programs take ages ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Mandrivia Slow????

I have just installed Mandrivia LE 2005. its my first Linux OS and im still getting the feel for it, my problem is it runs slow the programs take ages to load even the simple games like frozen bubble and when I try to close them they just stop responding is Mandrivia surpose to be like this or can I speed things up a little and im not talking overclocking my cpu or anything like that.

AMD Semprom 2200+ 333FSB 1.5GHZ
    512 DDR
    80GB HDD
    GeForce4 MX440 128MB
    Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe

Just Joined!

Do you optimize setting?

Do you optimizing setting in Mandriva Control.
    I Boot. Config howto boot- next _ modify the kernel with *, advanced you can put idebus=66

Just Joined!

Re: Mandrivia Slow????

Quote Originally Posted by New2Mandrivia
    I have just installed Mandrivia LE 2005. its my first Linux OS and im still getting the feel for it, my problem is it runs slow the programs take ages to load even the simple games like frozen bubble and when I try to close them they just stop responding is Mandrivia surpose to be like this or can I speed things up a little and im not talking overclocking my cpu or anything like that.

AMD Semprom 2200+ 333FSB 1.5GHZ
    512 DDR
    80GB HDD
    GeForce4 MX440 128MB
    Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe
    Once you get everything sorted out the way you want, it will run better, unlike windows where it will bog down and it even bogs down on my PC, but not linux :P

AMD Athlon 64 FX53
    1 Gig Corsair XMS
    X800 Pro Crucial Ram
    370Gigs of free space 200Gigs Used Space.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    128MB RAM is a stretch for such a new version of Mandriva. I have Mandrake 9.2 on a machine with 128MB and it's just tolerable. I would try to trim the fat a little. First thing is use a 'light' window manager. I don't know which one's come with your distro but look for ICEwm, Xfce, or twmn to start with.
    PTL x10 Hallelujah!
    AMD Athlon XP 2600+ 512MB RAM Dual 80G WD HD 8MB Cache (1 WinXP Home, 1 CentOS 4.2) GeForce Ti4200 128MB SB Live! 5.1
    Registered Linux user #391521