Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
To a man whom prides himself on detail.. LOL it was a typo...you have to mount the swap area of the drive to read the entire drive...it was a typo.. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

ROFL

To a man whom prides himself on detail..

LOL it was a typo...you have to mount the swap area of the drive to read the entire drive...it was a typo..

have access now to the big drive!

Thank you for the quick and sharp eye's that I do not have!

saspen

Just Joined!

Having wierd errors

Hello, I am VERY new to linux, but I think I'm having a nonstandard problem.
    I'm running Ubuntu (non-server version). I have one hard drive which I've partitioned into windows NTFS and linux ext3. I have an extra linux swap partition left over from the first time I installed ubuntu (I've installed twice) that I can't seem to get rid of from within ubuntu, but I'm nervous to get rid of it from within windows b/c I might delete the wrong one.

Anyways the problem I'm having is that a hard drive called "System" appears when I start up, but when I try to access it, it first says (abbrev.) "Error ... cannot be mounted", then from then on it says that I do not have permissions to access it. When I try to change the access path of the drive it displays all the folders ON THE NTFS partition in the little graphical display it shows. This tells me that it can read it, but for some rasin it won't let me get at it. Please help...

Just Joined!
    /mnt/win_c is what my FIRST windows drive says as well, but i can not double clikc the icon in mandriva to access it.... (under devices on the desktop, shows all mounted drives (/mnt folder i'm assuming)
    any help?
    exact error message is...

"Could not enter /mnt/win_c"

Quote Originally Posted by greatkingrat
    /mnt/win_c is what my FIRST windows drive says as well, but i can not double clikc the icon in mandriva to access it.... (under devices on the desktop, shows all mounted drives (/mnt folder i'm assuming)
    any help?
    exact error message is...

"Could not enter /mnt/win_c"
    post the contents /boot/grub/menu.lst file and output of command 'fdisk -l'.

casper
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2