Find the answer to your Linux question:
I downloaded Mandriva 10.1, burnt it to cdr's. Booted from the cd, went through everything up to partitioning. I have an 80 gig drivel. 69 gigs are for win xp ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Problem immediately after partitioning : No Kernel

I downloaded Mandriva 10.1, burnt it to cdr's. Booted from the cd, went through everything up to partitioning. I have an 80 gig drivel. 69 gigs are for win xp pro. the other partition is clean, I saved it for linux. So I partitioned it like the directions said. but after it created the partitions and went to the package installation thing, it popped up a message saying something to the effect of : can't locate Kernel
    then it showed a whole bunch of lines several directories deep most containing the packageinstall files it would be using at the beginning. Why is it not putting the kernel on the hdd and using it?

Just Joined!
    Does it ever copy any files onto your hard disk, or is it stalling at the page where you pick the packages?

Just Joined!

same issue here

I have the exact same thing happening when i try to install mandriva 10.1 on my second harddrive. It never gets to the install. Just says no kernel available with a list of a bunch of install files I beleave.

I have win XP on my first drive and would like to leave this untoched or atleast as mush as possible.

Just Joined!

I fixed it

I had a bad cd burn. I tried to look at the disc in windows to find the rawwrite app, but it wouldnt even load the autorun app, just the boot sector worked, nothing else. I reburned the iso and it went fine. But now i'm having trouble trying to get mt pvr-250 working. I'm having trouble figuring out how to install the ivtv drivers. I have a couple of tv apps installed already, just no driver. Anybody know this one?