Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
that would be init.d? if that's not it could you be more specific which module? Thanks!...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

that would be init.d?

if that's not it could you be more specific which module?
    Thanks!

OK, if you don't know the name of the module I would assume that you haven't had to use modprobe every time you boot (which was my assumption). If you're just having to enter the iwconfig commands, a quick and dirty fix would be to add the commands to /etc/rc.local and they would run at startup.
    There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

- Jeremy S. Anderson

Just Joined!
    ok, perhaps I hadn't given enough info or the info was so far back in these posts you didn't catch it but I took your advice and 'reran' the command to create a local file with the info to start the driver...this time it worked 'but' since it doesn't start up till the KDE loads the current time, locale, is messed up (I have it set to sync with a ntp server) that's not a big deal just annoying the big deal or at least it seems like a big deal is, during the boot it says it can't load the portmapper, yikes why not, and how do I fix that?
    Thank you for your help, I appreciate it! The card is now starting by the time the desktop enivironment mounts.

Isn't the portmapper NFS related? If you're not running NFS I wouldn't worry too much about it.
    There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

- Jeremy S. Anderson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2