Find the answer to your Linux question:
i put linux (mandrake 10.1 official) on 1 hdd and windows2000 on the other both of which are working fine when botted up with one disconnected like linux hdd connected ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

linux and windows 2000 on 2 seperate hdd

i put linux (mandrake 10.1 official) on 1 hdd and windows2000 on the other both of which are working fine when botted up with one disconnected like linux hdd connected and windows not and linux boots up but when i hook them both up and put one as master and other as slave windows just boots up or linux with no option to select either

and when i set them both to cable select a famous message appears called no operating system found any ideas anything plz thnx

Have you setup your bootloader to dual-boot?

Linux Newbie

Re: linux and windows 2000 on 2 seperate hdd

Quote Originally Posted by KenshinX
    i put linux (mandrake 10.1 official) on 1 hdd and windows2000 on the other both of which are working fine when botted up with one disconnected like linux hdd connected and windows not and linux boots up but when i hook them both up and put one as master and other as slave windows just boots up or linux with no option to select either

and when i set them both to cable select a famous message appears called no operating system found any ideas anything plz thnx
    You have to make a small change on your boot loader. Just add the address of your windows drive on the boot loader. You can do this simple using "Configure your computer"