Find the answer to your Linux question:
if i can, where i could get the rpm...soryy i'm newbie so lot of my post in this topic...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

can i install yahoo messenger in LE2005?

if i can, where i could get the rpm...soryy i'm newbie so lot of my post in this topic

There aren't any official Yahoo Messenger rpm's for Mandriva, but there are some for RedHat. I dont' think it is reccomended to use RedHat rpm's in Mandriva, but if you want to you could try.

Tou could tryto find (Google) any unofficial Mandriva rpm's but I doubt it because the source is to my knowledge not released of Yahoo Messenger. Because the source isn't released you cannot try to install it from source either.

What you can do is to use another client that supports the Yahoo Messenger protocol such as:
    Gaim - http://gaim.sourceforge.net
    or Kopete: http://kopete.kde.org

Just Joined!

firewall with no proxies

but i need the feature in YM(windows) firewall with no proxies

What do you mean with the "firewall with no proxies" ? That is the network configuration, that's something entirely different.

As nalg0rath suggested, since there is no Yahoo Messenger for Linux, you can use equivalents like Gaim.
    With Gaim (or kopete) you can ALSO get access to the yahoo messenger network and chat with your usual friends, with your usual username. Do you get the idea ? Not only Yahoo Messenger works on the Yahoo Messenger network

That sounds more like a setting than a feature, I would be suprided if it that setting does not exist in both Gaim and Kopete.
    All you have to do to use Yahoo Messenger protocol through a firewall is to open UDP port # 6801 in the firewall.

Edit: Oops! sabin was first....