Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have just installed Mandriva 2005 LE and I want to install the proper drivers for my old GeForce 2 MX 400 video card. I have downloaded the driver but ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

nVIDIA VC Driver Installation

I have just installed Mandriva 2005 LE and I want to install the proper drivers for my
    old GeForce 2 MX 400 video card. I have downloaded the driver but I know that I also need the proper kernel module to be able to install the driver. I am running Mandriva on an i 686 PC (that I know is some code for the generation of the processor if this matters at all !?). Can somebody tell me which kernel do I have to install from the installation disk of Mandriva?

Just Joined!
    you need to download the kernel-source rpm and binutils (i think, read the documentation for the specific details), then open a console > type "init 3" then just sh the driver and install them. then edit your xorg.conf and your good to go.
    there is no precompiled kernel on the ftp server, so itll compile one for you.

Gee! Thanks! I can probably install it from the installation disk.....I suppose you mean that I have to install the same kernel version as the one my OS is using?!