Find the answer to your Linux question:
I recently installed LE2005 on my laptot but i'm having some troubles with some of its devices. Firstly: How can i make my memory card reader working? It is listed ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

LE2005 laptop troubles.

I recently installed LE2005 on my laptot but i'm having some troubles with some of its devices.

Firstly: How can i make my memory card reader working? It is listed in Harddrake but still doesn't work.

Secondly: How can i use my tv as a monitor? I have s-video output on my graphics card, but it's not even recognized (at least I can't find it listed anywhere).

And does anyone have any idea why with watching some DVDs i get an error something like: can't read from the source. You probably don't have rights, or source contains no data (for example no cd in drive).(Error reading from DVD.)...
    This one comes up sometimes with both commercial and self made DVD-videos (not all but quite many).

Is there any easy way to fix those cause i'm quite newbie on linux?

Some more info about those devices:
    memory card reader:
    CB710 Cardbus Controller (4 in 1 reader)
    Manufacturer: ENE Technology Inc
    Medium Class: MEMORY_FLASH
    Module: ‎yenta_socket

Graphics card:
    852GM/852GME/855GM/855GME Chipset Graphics Controller
    Manufacturer: ‎Intel Corp.

CD/DVD-drive:
    Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-R6112

Just Joined!
    I have the same type of hardware on my hp pavilion laptop.
    Did you solve the problems allready because i would like them to run allso.
    i'm runne 2005 LE to so if you know something i don't haha
    Please tell me

Nope, still nothing. I've been thinking of just upgrading to Mandriva 2006 as soon as they release it. And let's just hope that it solves some of my troubles. :P

Edit:
    Just installed Mandriva 2006 beta and it solved my trouble with playing DVDs.
    Gave up on my memory card reader since after about 3 hours of googling and reading about this one, found out that there seems to be no known linux driver for Ene cb710 (someone had tried to make one but couldn't get any details for it anywhere so it might take some time) If someone knows something else, please tell me.
    For s-video out I downloaded and installed a new driver from intel and it did no good . So still working on that one...