Find the answer to your Linux question:
Maybe someone can fill me in. I was given Mandrake on a dvd disk. It is in 3 parts set up as iso files. I am guessing that I can't ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Mandrake as an iso?

Maybe someone can fill me in. I was given Mandrake on a dvd disk. It is in 3 parts set up as iso files. I am guessing that I can't load them with deamon tools as it is not a live version. What must I do? Another question is, I have Ubuntu Linux. When I try to install from cd it tells me that it can't mount the cd-rom. How is this so if it starts to load from the cd-rom?

You need to have a CD burning program that supports burning CD images (Most all support this). The iso's make up a 3 CD installation set, burn each iso as an image and you're good to go.

As for your Ubuntu Linux problem, it's sounds like you have a Live CD vs an install CD.

Here's the link to download Ubuntu, be sure to get the install CD.
    http://releases.ubuntu.com/5.04/

Just Joined!

Downloading

I am busy downloading Ubuntu install iso. I will have to wait and see what happens.
    Thanks for the information.
    I have been told that Suse 9.2 is the version that I will need for our adsl connection. Is this so? Will the version that I have work with adsl internet connection?

I don't have an adsl connection so I can't answer that for you but maybe someone else will stop by and let you know. If you install it and it doesn't work I'm sure there are people in here that can walk you through configuring the connection.