Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
I can't believe it but mine is working!!! I did change to 2.6.11-12mdk and made a couple of changes to the xorg.config. I just lucked up, I don't think I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

I can't believe it but mine is working!!!

I did change to 2.6.11-12mdk and made a couple of changes to the xorg.config.

I just lucked up, I don't think I could recreate the process.

Just Joined!
    Good on you Cooter007,
    Can you tell me exactly how you go about it, when you said you did change to 2.6.11-12mdk, what exactly did you do there !?
    I did a # uname -r, and confirm my running kernel is exactly the same as your 2.6.11-6mdk !!!

Just Joined!
    From the menu I selected System>Configuration>Configure Your Computer.
    Type in root password
    Clicked on Software Management
    Clicked on “Look at installable software and install.....”

In the “Search” field I just type in “kernel” and hit search and a list of packages popped up.

I selected the 2.6.11-12mdk package and clicked “Install”

I opened a Console and typed “rpm -qa | grep kernel-*”

Sorry for my “noob'e ness” but I have no idea what that does, I just blindly followed the instructions on this page:

http://www.linuxforums.org/tutorials...ial-30960.html

there is not a space between the “-qa” and the “|” and the “grep” but if you type it that way it comes out looking like an “L” instead of a “|”

I hope I didn't confuse you! I was like a mad clicking / typing manic until it finally worked. I looked at several webpages that helped me and I will give you a list if you need them.

NOTICE: I download several of the old drivers from the nvidia website and started with the oldest one that would work and built my way up.

I almost forgot I went in the /etc/X11/xorg.conf file and changed the “nv” to a “nvidia”[/b]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3