Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi i am using mandriva 10.1 and was wondering if any one can give me a list of routers and dsl modems that work under 10.1 any help greatly appreciated ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

technical question on hardware

hi

i am using mandriva 10.1 and was wondering if any one can give me a list of routers and dsl modems that work under 10.1

any help greatly appreciated

ta

A good place to start would be the Mandriva Hardware Database - it's not an exhaustive list, but the few times i've used it, it has been completely accurate.

Hope this helps
    Toodle-oo
    Giles
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are powerless. Our greatest fear is Microsoft"
    Registered linux user #391027

If you are using one that has an ethernet connection you should be fine with any. The problem is moreso with USB modems. I run a ZyXel router on ethernet, and it's great, OS on my end is transparent and all config is done through a web based tool. It is at a local IP address I can access directly from this side but is firewalled to the internet.

Linux User
    All routers are OS independant as for usb...sorry you'll have to go through steps of installing drivers.

what is the brand and model of router that you already own?

any non usb (ethernet)router/modew will work no Questions asked.... hovever with a usb router/modem you will have to install drivers if they are available.
    ~Mike ~~~ Forum Rules
    Testing? What's that? If it compiles, it is good, if it boots up, it is perfect. ~ Linus Torvalds
    http://loft306.org

Linux User
    its a BT voyager (globe span chip set) used in europe alot. I gave him location of the drivers at http://eciadsl.flashtux.org/tutorial.php?lang=en