Find the answer to your Linux question:
I just purchased a copaq presario r4000 with an amd sempron processor (1.8 ghz) with 256 megs ram and 40 gig hard drive with a radeon express 200m graphics card. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

mandriva + laptop = core clock speed too fast

I just purchased a copaq presario r4000 with an amd sempron processor (1.8 ghz) with 256 megs ram and 40 gig hard drive with a radeon express 200m graphics card. and most importantly I am running mandriva 10.2 2005 edition!

anyhow, the core clock speed is going way fast. music is played in double time, the real time is 9:40 and my "lappy" says that it is 10:15. even the hourglass icons are going too quickly to be normal. ( I have Mandriva installed on my desktop also).

I would love to know how to fix this little glitch so I can fully delete xp and the media player!

thanks
    the copin

Just Joined!
    Hi,
    I have a similar problem (same laptop, same distro... and same problem ). I looked for solutions during... hours and I only found that the problem was solved on other distros (Suse, Fedora, Ubuntu). Watch here for more informations:
    http://zv6000forums.com/viewforum.ph...a4e8838a4949d6

Moreover, I wasn't able to install the x86_64 version of Mandriva due to a bug which should be fixed in the next version :
    http://www1.mandrivalinux.com/en/man...2006-beta.php3
    For the clock problem, since I guessed that it's a kernel bug, I only hope that it will be fixed soon and I'll install the cooker kernel with the working version (or build it myself).
    However, if you want to watch videos despite of the clock, use mplayer. For the music, use amarok (with the artsd motor).
    I didn't found for realplayer

By the way, I had the wide screen resolution by installing the ATI proprietary drivers.

If I have something more, I'll post it.
    regards,
    Marc