Find the answer to your Linux question:
When I load my windows driver for my wireless via the control panel (ndiswrapper), My wireless would work great. But if I was to restart my computer I would have ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

ndiswrapper/wireless resets

When I load my windows driver for my wireless via the control panel (ndiswrapper), My wireless would work great. But if I was to restart my computer I would have to reload the drivers. But it knows of the last driver to use (it would say it when I went threw the setting up again. Perhpas I am having this problem because I am using the cd and not storing the drivers on my HD? Please help.

ps, I am using v. 2005-Limited Edition

Thank you

Did you run
    Code:
    ndiswrapper -m
    after configuring ndiswrapper? That's what tells it to load the module at boot.
    There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

- Jeremy S. Anderson

Just Joined!

No

It alll in the GNU and looks very professional, do you think that would be the problem? That I didn't not use a code to make it boot?

Could be. That's the number one reason (in my experience) that ndiswrapper users have to redo everything after boot. Sometimes the Control Center doesn't "keep" settings very well for things like ndiswrapper, so you have to open a console and run a command to make things "stick".
    There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

- Jeremy S. Anderson

Just Joined!

Funny

What is also funny is that when I re-set it up, it asked me if I wanted to use my last used driver. Does it copy the driver from the cd that I use or do I have to put the driver on the HD? Do you also happend to know the extention for a window' driver? I just want to also make sure I am useing the right one... It work when I use the one I load, but I just want to make sure.

I would recommend putting it on the HDD, but I'm not sure if that's the problem here. If your card works after loading the driver, then you're using the right one.

- Jeremy S. Anderson

Just Joined!

OK ;-)

Thank you so much, Ill try the code when I get home from work. I currently use Mepis, but it seems to be too much in development. As Mepis is to Debain, what is Mandriva to? Please also check back tonight (EST) to see if your solution worked or not, I would really much appricate it incase thats not the issue.

Thanks again

Scott

Re: OK ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Greenpop
    As Mepis is to Debain, what is Mandriva to?
    Originally, Mandrake was based on Red Hat, but that was a while a go. I'd say Mandriva is pretty much an independent distribution (there are even a few distros based on it, such as PCLinuxOS).
    Stumbling around the 'net:
    www.cloudyuseful.com