3D desktop gone, windows borders missing, viewports gone
The past three times I have installed Mandriva, everything goes smoothly. I am able to customize, set up 3D Desktop, update, and everything else. However, there always comes a point where something happens, and I do not know what that is because I don't notice it until the next time I log in. Then this is what happens:
1) 3D desktop is gone (see screen shot below)
snapshot1.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
2) windows borders and title bars are gone (see screen shot below)
snapshot2.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
3) viewports are gone
4) windows open up off the screen and I am unable to move them.
5) i can't type in most text fields, however, the keyboard does work. i am able to type in passwords when prompted to.
6) i can't type in the terminal at all.
I do not know what is happening. My first few restarts after install are fine. It's after updates and configuring that it starts. When I look at my 3D desktop, it says my system doesn't support it. but how can that bee when it was before the last restart?