Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey, i just installd LE2k5, was going fine untill I got to the login. Now(as sillly as this sounds) its asking for a username and password I never setup a ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Roadblok...

Hey, i just installd LE2k5, was going fine untill I got to the login. Now(as sillly as this sounds) its asking for a username and password I never setup a PW, it did prompt for a user name during the install so i got that.

Well its late im gona go to bed and if i dont get this sorted by morn i guss il just wipe the HDD and start again(witch will be a pain since its a old AMD K6 )

Anyway thanks, im useing this older comp as a test rig to see how i like linux, right now 80% of the software in my main rig is open source. Really the only thing holding me back is the game EVE-Online(witch is not runing under linux yet ) so thanks a bunch and see y'all in 7 hours

PS: that star eyed penguin is kinda freaking me out....

if you didn't setup a password, then leave it blank. Once you enter Mandriva, goto the MCC and setup your password there.

At the bare minimum, the system should have asked for a root password.
    Life is complex, it has a real part and an imaginary part.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexK
    if you didn't setup a password, then leave it blank. Once you enter Mandriva, goto the MCC and setup your password there.

At the bare minimum, the system should have asked for a root password.
    I did that, no luck...

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    try entering root as username and enter root password. once you get into the system, change or add password for a normal user.
    Life is complex, it has a real part and an imaginary part.

Just Joined!
    Um, I reformated the HDD and reinstalled, It prompted me for everything this time. So it installed , thanks anyway

lurking in the shadows ~Xzen.