Find the answer to your Linux question:
yeah I was trying to install linux on my computer (which i've done before) and now all of the sudden it wont I was to impatient to wait for it ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Linux running slowly when trying to install

yeah I was trying to install linux on my computer (which i've done before) and now all of the sudden it wont I was to impatient to wait for it to move so i dont know if it is running slowly or stopping. it will run slow moving from the starting the usb's to a screen the says please wait or something like that. then if i wait it'll finally move to the next screen the introduction to starting the install of mandrake 10.1 official. like i said ive had no trouble in the past but know im running into this problem oh and btw I tried the same disc on my laptop and it worked just fine. my distro is mandrake 10.1 or should i say i want my distro to be 10.1 intel p4, 2.0ghz, 2.0g of kingston memory, msi nx6600gt video card, asus p4p800 se motherboard, sound blaster audio, (not intergrated) , tv card ( to watch tv on my computer), netgear pci card, and thats all i can think of to mention for help i'd appreciate if someone could help me and thank you in advance also any one have any idea of what distro would b good for an amd athlon 64 3200+, asus a8n-sli deluxe motherboard, same specs as the other but with cosair twinx1024-3200c2pt memory (two 512mb sticks) thank you p.s. i have another OS on my system and that is win2000 pro

Linux Engineer
    Just wait for it to proceed with the install. It may be hanging on initializing a certain hardware device. If you say it worked perfectly before, what hardware device(s) have you added since then? Most distributions of GNU/Linux allow you to access a debug console with Ctrl + Alt + Fx, where x is a number from 1-7. It might be worth it to look there.

Just Joined!
    i got it to work somehow i dont know all the sudden it just started to work i moved some reconfigured some hardware and that seems to have done it was more than likely caught on something thx for your help and sorry took so long to reply

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close