Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello everyone, I've been searching this problem since yesterday, and nothing I've tried has solved it. I'm trying to install Akregator 1.0.2 from the source file, since there is no ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Compiling source: No KDE headers installed

Hello everyone,

I've been searching this problem since yesterday, and nothing I've tried has solved it. I'm trying to install Akregator 1.0.2 from the source file, since there is no Mandriva RPM that I can access. (I can pay to get it form the Mandriva Club if I had money.) I am using Mandriva Linux Limited Edition 2005, and I use KDE.

I download the source, uncompress it, and then I
    Code:
    ./configure
    At which point it does lots of checks, and then stops and says
    Code:
    in the prefix, you've chosen, are no KDE
    headers installed. This will fail.
    So, check this please and use another prefix!
    In my searching I read that you might need to install the development packages in Mandriva, because they don't install by default. I installed some, including the KDE one, but that didn't work. I then installed ALL the Development packages, and I still get the same error message.

I guess I think it's still a package problem, in which case does anyone know what package I need to install to so I can have the KDE headers?

Or, am I barking up the wrong tree trying to install packages that may have this? I'm also not certain what a "prefix" is, and that might help my searching for a solution.

Thanks in advance.

Just Joined!
    Hello Linux Gurus and Newbies, and everyone in between.

Well, I've managed to work aroud the problem.

What I did is I went to http://easyurpmi.zarb.org/ and followed the instructions (clicking the the "proceed" button at every step). It spat out a series of commands that I copied & pasted in to a terminal logged in as "su" (super user).

When that was done, I went to K-Menu -> System -> Configuration -> Packaging -> Install Software. Typed in "Akregator" and the package came up (although, it was 1.0.1 not 1.0.2, but I'll survive).

Clicked, installed, all is well. And I have a bunch of new packages to go through.

HOWEVER. I would like to still learn how to fix my original problem. If anyone can give me any tips, I would apprecaite it.

Thanks.

just found this on kde-forums.
    open Terminal Program and...
    Code:
    su
    [root password]
    urpmi kdelibs-devel
    urpmi kdebase-devel
    Not sure if it is what you're looking for but you could give it a try.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close