Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
i turned off acpi and i can't boot into mandriva or windows, that doesn't help... but thanks... any other solution? i have the ultimate solution go to a linux group ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

i turned off acpi and i can't boot into mandriva or windows, that doesn't help... but thanks... any other solution?
    i have the ultimate solution go to a linux group there is one where i live, but i want to learn how to do it... you know?... so anyhelp will be accepted...

what about booting into failsafe, for some distros, this automatically includes the noapic option.
    Life is complex, it has a real part and an imaginary part.

Just Joined!
    I noticed there is a force noapic option in the boot options section of the mcc, worked for me

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    can you explain more? how do you do that?
    i've tried in failsafe mode... and it's the same... i can't use mandriva

firstly, are you using lilo or grub as the bootloader? The way you find out is when the computer loads it usually says loading lilo or booting grub.

Just Joined!
    using lilo...

Ok,you have 2 options:
    1. Continue using lilo, however to fix the problem you are hcving, you will need to download a live cd such as Knoppix and edit the /etc/lilo.conf file within knoppix. To this file, you should add noapic and acpi=off to the default entry in lilo.conf.

2. You can use GRUB, here is a howto on fixing boot problems with grub: http://www.linuxforums.org/tutorials...ial-19999.html you will need the Mandriva Cd's though. Again you will have to add the noapic or acpi=off option to the grub.conf file.

Hope this helps.

Just Joined!

Possible fix...

I had a strange problem with mine, when loading it would freeze on all distros... funny thing was, if i hid my second hard drive it worked... checked all through the forums, and it turned out it was DMA.. most versions of linux you can turn this off... cant remember how, but for me that didnt work either, I had to go into the bios and turn the DMA off just for disk 2...

Let me know how that goes, dont forget to turn it back on if it works.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2