Find the answer to your Linux question:
im sure this question is like asking "how do i turn on the computer" but im new to linux and eager to learn. im only asking because these handle the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

how do i switch from gnome to KDE

im sure this question is like asking "how do i turn on the computer" but im new to linux and eager to learn.

im only asking because these handle the windows and such and i'm just assuming it's deeply integrated into the OS. maybe its as easy and selecting it from a list?

thanks in advance for any help

oz
    forum.guy
    If you installed both, Gnome and KDE, you should be able to choose which one will be loaded at your login screen on the display manager. Look around for the word "session". Click it then pick one.

Linux Guru

Re: how do i switch from gnome to KDE

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleA
    and i'm just assuming it's deeply integrated into the OS. maybe its as easy and selecting it from a list?
    You have hit on one of the key things that makes Linux so cool. Nothing is deeply imbeded in the OS except the kernel itself. Everything else is added on to make it easier for us humans. You'll find that almost anything you can do by clicking on some icon, you can do as well by entering a command at the command line. And you have complete control over what software is actually put to use at any given time: that means you can have multiple window managers ready to be launched at your command...well not all at once, but from one session to another. In Fedora Core, and maybe as well in Mandriva, if you choose to install both Gnome and KDE, the login splash screen will allow a choice of which to launch for that session. Check your menus and see if you can "add applications" or "add packages" and from there, add any window manager you like.
    /IMHO
    //got nothin'
    ///this use to look better

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close